Converting industry deals with very specialised industry
segments, such as ERP or specialised ERP selection for, narrow
web printing factories and artificial leather coating plants.
All activities with our clients deal with various aspects
of change management, business reengineering, supply chain
management, capacity planning, product configurator, MRPII,
system integration, and ABC costing.
Converting industry belongs to the chemical-adhesive sector
whose importance is growing on a worldwide basis. Label
printing (especially narrow web printing) and artificial
leather coating represent the core of this business.
Our clients are Italian or Central European narrow web label
manufacturers, or artificial leather coating plants, who
operate in Europe, North Africa, and USA, with a customer
typology that ranges from food industry multinationals to
furniture manufacturers, shoe-making plants, and automotive
Our consulting activity for the
converting industry reaches, in most of cases, very specific
industrial problems, such as:
Prototyping, product configurator,
(which for narrow web segment means pre-printing, printing,
post-printing process), production planning, and ABC
A cost and price estimate process very
hard to manage due to an increasing number of new production
variants, which are defined by the customer (with technical
specs being a fundamental component in product prototyping
for both artificial leather coating and narrow web printing)
Information fragmented into separate
databases and Bill of Material sometimes only partially
completed (particularly true for narrow web segment
where many product information are stored in specialised
ABC costing is needed to determine
the profitability of a client, an geographical area,
or a product family.
can be successfully helped by ERP or specialised ERP. ERP
Converting industry needs specific
questions to be answered:
- Analysis of business requirements and SWOT analysis
- New procedures of article & code creation and management
of customer-oriented variants
- Choice of an Enterprise Resource Planner or specialised
ERP, which matches the requirements for the converting
- Import of all dispersed data in one platform
- Customisation of the new system, based upon client's
- Choice and customisation of an MRPII and a Capacity
We have the expertise and skills to answer these questions!
- How can I run my pricing estimate process correctly?
- How can I make my printing process cost-effective and
- How can I assess customer, area, product family profitability?
- How can I link prototyping to cost and price estimate?
For more information
related to case studies, please visit our corporate presentation